OPSITE FLEXIGRID Moisture Vapour Permeable Adhesive Film Dressing
OPSITE FLEXIGRID is a transparent, adhesive film, with a unique wound measurement grid. The film is moisture vapour permeable, conformable and extensible. It is clinically proven to provide moist wound healing for superficial wounds; it is also ideal for use as a secondary dressing and to help prevent pressure sores.
- Faster, safer, less painful wound healing
- Superior film with acrylic adhesive
- Waterproof film
- Simple, effective application technique
- Adaptable to awkward areas
- Unique wound measurement grid
OPSITE FLEXIGRID is indicated for:
- Superficial wounds, such as shallow pressure sores, minor burns, cuts and abrasions.
- Pressure sore prophylaxis and skin protection around stoma and under leg bags.
- Use as a secondary dressing, for example over INTRASITE◊ Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing or ALLEVYN◊ Cavity Wound Dressing.
- To relieve pain in painful diabetic neuropathy.
- To provide catheter fixation.
Faster, safer, less painful wound healing
OPSITE FLEXIGRID has set the standard in moist wound healing by retaining the natural wound exudate which contains vital nutrients for growing cells, and white blood cells to prevent infection. OPSITE FLEXIGRID provides an environment for safer and less painful wound healing. The high moisture vapour permeability allows excess exudate to evaporate, preventing skin maceration.
Superior film with acrylic adhesive
The OPSITE FLEXIGRID film is highly extensible and conformable, which combined with its high moisture vapour permeability, means the dressing can be left in place for up to 14 days. This minimises interference at the wound site and reduces the amount of nursing time required.
OPSITE FLEXIGRID is impermeable to water and body fluids, protecting the skin underneath and allowing the patient to bathe without changing dressings. It also aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination.
Simple, effective application technique
OPSITE FLEXIGRID provides a simple and effective application system. The flexible carrier enables single handed application allowing the dressing to conform to the contours of the body. Its transparency enables accurate positioning over the wound site.
Adaptable to Awkward Areas
OPSITE FLEXIGRID has been designed to be adaptable for use on all areas of the body. It can be easily cut into strips or shapes for application to awkward areas such as heels, elbows and knees.
Unique Wound Management Grid
OPSITE FLEXIGRID incorporates a unique wound measurement device which allows simple but accurate assessments of the healing process to be made. After tracing the edges of the wound, the FLEXIGRID carrier can be removed and stored in the patient’s notes.